Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Really Good Cookies

I've been getting back to the gym on a regular basis, much to my delight. However, I've also started baking again. (Drat!) My new favorite cookie is chocolate peanut butter chip. Yum! You can find the recipe on the back of the Reese's Peanut Butter Chips package, but here it is in case you want to use a cheaper chip. ;)

2 1/2 sticks butter, almost to room temperature but still slightly cool (Yum!)
2 C. sugar, minus 1/4 C. for high altitude
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 C. good Dutch processed cocoa
2 C. flour, plus 1/4-1/2 C. if you're baking this at high altitude
1 package peanut butter chips

Beat the butter and sugar well. Add the eggs one at a time till well combined with the sugar/butter mixture. Add the salt, baking soda and vanilla. Stir in the cocoa and flour. Stir in the peanut butter chips. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet.

I don't know about you, but I've finally figured out at what temperature and for how long I should bake cookies in my oven. For me, I turn my oven to convect and bake them at 325 degrees for 7-10 minutes (depending on how large I make them). For regular ovens, I would go with what you know works for other recipes, checking on them a minute or two early in case they're baking more quickly then you're expecting. DON'T EVER BAKE CHOCOLATE TOO LONG!!!!!! That's just my opinion. If they look like they're firming up and loosing their shine, it's probably time to think about taking them out of the oven. ;)

Okay, that was much longer then I was expecting.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment