Monday, August 17, 2009

My kids are killing me slowly

....and not in the, "Oh that was so cute, you little Turkey" kind of way. They are really going to give me a heart attack or an aneurism and it will really suck when that day comes. Today, I get home from the gym and the kids want to go out and ride their scooters. I said yes. That was my first mistake. Then I take my bag inside and check my messages and grab something to eat. That was my second mistake. I should've set my things down and gone outside immediately to bring the kids back inside, but instead I sat down. Then I got to thinking that I should check on them. It'd only been 15 minutes, but they're kids and they get in trouble fast. So I go out to get them only they're no where to be seen. Now, I should preface this predicament by saying that its not the first time my kids have turned up missing, but they have places they like to explore and I usually find them in those places. This was not to be one of those times. I searched. I yelled their names. I got in my car and drove up to the park just up my street. I looked behind the back wall to see if they were playing in the desert back there. I looked EVERYWHERE. They were no where. So I called my husband and the police department and was actually on the phone with the dispatch lady when they come trundling up my street like they were just having a midafternoon stroll. There are no words to describe how I felt at that moment. I'm still recovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment